Summer brings fun get-togethers with family and friends, often for weekend BBQs. In this post, I’m sharing some of my favorite recipes with you to provide some new ideas and recipe inspiration for your next cookout.
Did you know that you can help end childhood hunger by dedicating your next cookout to No Kid Hungry? Invite your guests to join you and donate to help end childhood hunger in America. That’s right, by simply hosting a backyard BBQ (no matter how big or small), you can help raise money to help kids get the summer meals they need. It’s easy; visit NoKidHungry.org/CookOut to learn more and sign up.
I can’t wait to see what you cook up!
Main Dish: Craving a juicy burger, fresh fish, classic chicken, or even pizza?
Here are my go-to main dish recipes for a summer cookout.
- Perfect Summer Basil Burger
- Mustard-Glazed Mushroom Burger
- Citrus Tilapia with Grilled Summer Relish
- Fish Skewers with Basil Chimichurri
- Simply Grilled Chicken Breasts with Roasted Tomato and Onion Dipping Sauce
- Grilled Chicken Fajitas Platter with Grilled Tomato Salsa
- Grilled Spicy Sausages with Onion Marmalade
- Simple Sirloin Steak with Chimichurri
- Tomato Salad Topped Grilled Pizza
- Grilled Mushroom Pizza
Classic Summer Sides – on the grill!
- Grilled Potato Salad with Bacon-Green Onion Vinaigrette
- Grilled Crunchy Coleslaw
- Grilled Tomato Salsa
- Spicy Grilled Corn
Here are some of my favorite easy summer recipes to round out the menu at your next cookout.
- Mediterranean Summer Pasta with No-Cook Sauce
- Fennel and Cabbage Slaw
- Kale Slaw
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
- Fresh Cucumber Carrot Salad
- Zucchini Carpaccio
Drink Up: Try one these refreshing beverages at your next cookout.
- Garden Green Iced Tea
- Ginger Lemonade
- Non Alcoholic Sangria
- Lime Spritzer
- Lemon Shandy
- Pineapple Raspberry Rum Refresher
- Spa Tea or Spa Water: Learn how to DIY in this blog post.
Desserts: Whether you’re grilling dessert (yes, you can grill dessert!), just want something light and refreshing, or are craving a summer classic – here are some of my recommendations.
- Grilled Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze and Grilled Peaches
- Honey Glazed Grilled Pineapple
- Applesauce Granita with Maple Yogurt
- Mocha Granita
- Chocolate “Sundae” Ice Pops
- Watermelon with Ginger Mint Simple Syrup